The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Producing imagery with ARCHICAD or 3rd party products; Surfaces; Lighting; Cameras; Artlantis/Cinema 4D/Maxwell etc.

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, gkmethy

That's a great test render.
Probably try to reduce the opacity texture size for the chair mesh to get it to look more like a mesh.

Here's a couple of test renders I ran myself and I did side-to-side comparisons of the same views that I had previously rendered in the 3ds Max plugin of Corona.
The 3ds Max versions - which are obviously more polished and better materials and better IES lights - are at the bottom in each case and the ArchiCAD plugin versions - which were taken straight from the Frame Buffer interactive renderer after a some half-hour to hour and a half cooking in the background - are the ones on the top.

All in all not too bad for an alpha version of a plugin with most of the features still to be implemented.

....and the second one. I liked this one much better even without the extra work on the materials and lights.

Here's another side-to-side comparison of ArchiCAD Corona Plugin test render (VFB interactive image, ~20-30 mins) at the top to the original 3ds Max Corona plugin version at the bottom - but this time of an exterior view.

I obviously spent a bit more time on the original image with some post-processing in Photoshop to make the colors pop a bit more and do a bit more sharpening, and I had also spent more time on it on the materials which look far superior, whereas in ArchiCAD I did minimal adjustments (like with the glass and metal) but not as much time.

.....this plugin has great potential.
The closest to a simple 'point-and-click' render engine I've ever worked with.
(Maxwell comes close, but the render times with that were absolute torture just to get a clean image.)
As the error message states your CPU in incompatible, what are your computer specs, you should add this to your profile
As the error message states your CPU in incompatible, what are your computer specs, you should add this to your profile

Oh yes, sorry, I forgot to write my computer specs:

AMD Phenom II X6 1055T, 2800 MHz (14 x 200)
Asus M4A89TD Pro/USB3 (AMD 890FX, AMD K10)
16384 Mb DDR3 (2x Samsung M378B5173QH0-CK0 4Gb + 2x Kingston 9905471-009.A00LF 4 Gb)
nVIDIA GeForce GTS 450