The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Producing imagery with ARCHICAD or 3rd party products; Surfaces; Lighting; Cameras; Artlantis/Cinema 4D/Maxwell etc.

Moderators: Barry Kelly, Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, gkmethy

By Tom Krowka
anyone have an idea how to create a new texture with custom colors? I don't have a JPG that matches what is needed, nor can I go out and take a picture of it. It's a shingle siding with an Owner's custom color. I tried various methods to color an existing colored JPG but results are not accurate. I do have the RBG values of the color but not the blank JPG on which to apply it.

Am assuming I would do it through Maxon and then save the texture back to Basic engine. but how would I get that back into the Open GL engine. I went to the Maxon website but the information is way over my head and couldn't find anything related to the basic question.
If you have managed to create the texture in CineRender/C4D, you could go render a perpendicular view of a large surface with the texture on it then save that out to be used as your OpenGL surface.

Ling.
This might not be the answer you are looking for but the easiest way is to do this in Photoshop and save the texture out from there.

- find a shingle siding texture online which matches closest ( in design your client is after )
- open in photoshop and desaturate ( make no color )
- create new layer above with your RGB color values
- tell the new layer to be an overlay

This will give you a pretty close representation.

Good luck, cheers Carsten
This might not be the answer you are looking for but the easiest way is to do this in Photoshop and save the texture out from there.

- find a shingle siding texture online which matches closest ( in design your client is after )
- open in photoshop and desaturate ( make no color )
- create new layer above with your RGB color values
- tell the new layer to be an overlay

This will give you a pretty close representation.

Good luck, cheers Carsten

Thank you for your answer. Please could you clarify how we can put a rgb layer with new colors, which order do you use.
REgards
Might also be worth playing around with a Levels Adjustment Layer over the top for more control over the colour shades compared to what is achievable with just brightness and contrast.

Ling.