The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Producing imagery with ARCHICAD or 3rd party products; Surfaces; Lighting; Cameras; Artlantis/Cinema 4D/Maxwell etc.

Moderators: Barry Kelly, Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, gkmethy

By rob2218
when I pick the stock AC22 Outdoor Rendering settings....the image appears too "yellow" glowy.
I know it's something with the "Sun" setting or the color of the sun setting in the "environments" setting of the rendering engine but I can't figure it out.

Can anyone shed some light?
thanks,
I do not have ARCHICAD22 yet, but if you have setting that works in 20 or 21, you can export it as a scene and import that to 22 to see if it makes a difference.

Some of the preset skies do tend to tint renders, I think. There is also the 'sepia' effect from some preset scenes that might cause a tint to appear.

To export a scene, click the scene pulldown menu, Select and Manage Scenes and just hit the export button, import is there as well.
thanks,
not sure I like exporting scenes from an earlier version. sometimes these "export/imports" tend to mess up the material index and cause surfaces to not look like they did in one version to another.

I know there is this setting somewhere in the rendering settings for the "sun" that causes the render to look "yellow-ish"....but i dont' recall where it was.

anyone else can chime in?
Scenes are only there to setup cinerender settings, they do not alter anything in your project's attributes.

It is just a way to save render presets.
I know there is this setting somewhere in the rendering settings for the "sun" that causes the render to look "yellow-ish"....but i dont' recall where it was.
As far as I know the sun colour comes from the weather preset you have chosen.
If it says 'custom' then you have to go into the detailed settings > environment > sun.
There you can set the sun colour.

Barry.