The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Discussions about using GRAPHISOFT's tools (API DevKit) for independent software developers

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, gkmethy, MOREH Tamas, Akos Somorjai, Ed Brown, Mihály Palenik, Tibor Lorántfy

By park ki hyun
I am practicing database control to practice the addon which outputs element attribute value to excel file in ArchiCAD. (Static void Do_ExportWallsToExcel (void) function )There is problem that it is not saved in the place where Excel file is saved in executable file.
Code: Select allstatic void Do_ExportWallsToExcel (void) { DBPrintf ("Exporting walls to Excel document...\n"); libxl::Book* book = xlCreateXMLBook (); libxl::Sheet* sheet = book->addSheet (UNISTR_TO_LIBXLSTR (GS::UniString("Walls exported from ARCHICAD"))); libxl::Font* guidFormatFont = book->addFont (); guidFormatFont->setSize (6); guidFormatFont->setColor (libxl::COLOR_GRAY50); libxl::Format* guidFormat = book->addFormat (); guidFormat->setFont (guidFormatFont); GS::Array<GS::UniString> titles; titles.Push ("GUID"); titles.Push ("Height"); titles.Push ("BeginCoordX"); titles.Push ("BeginCoordY"); titles.Push ("EndCoordX"); titles.Push ("EndCoordY"); for (UIndex i = 0; i < titles.GetSize (); ++i) { sheet->writeStr (0, i, UNISTR_TO_LIBXLSTR (titles[i])); } GS::Array<API_Guid> apiguids; ACAPI_Element_GetElemList (API_WallID, &apiguids); for (UIndex i = 0; i < apiguids.GetSize (); ++i) { GS::Guid gsguid = APIGuid2GSGuid (apiguids[i]); API_Element element = {}; element.header.guid = apiguids[i]; GSErrCode err = ACAPI_Element_Get (&element); if (err != NoError) { DBPrintf ("ACAPI_Element_Get returned error (%d) for GUID '%s'\n", err, gsguid.ToUniString ().ToCStr ().Get ()); continue; } API_WallType& wall = element.wall; //DBPrintf ("GUID '%s'\n", gsguid.ToUniString ().ToCStr ().Get ()); sheet->writeStr (i + 1, 0, UNISTR_TO_LIBXLSTR (gsguid.ToUniString ()), guidFormat); sheet->writeNum (i + 1, 1, wall.height); sheet->writeNum (i + 1, 2, wall.begC.x); sheet->writeNum (i + 1, 3, wall.begC.y); sheet->writeNum (i + 1, 4, wall.endC.x); sheet->writeNum (i + 1, 5, wall.endC.y); } IO::Location location; IO::fileSystem.GetSpecialLocation (IO::FileSystem::UserDocuments, &location); location.AppendToLocal (IO::Name ("export.xlsx")); GS::UniString filepath; location.ToPath (&filepath); DBASSERT (book->save (UNISTR_TO_LIBXLSTR(filepath))); book->release (); DBPrintf ("Export operation finished\n"); }
Hi,

This example code saves the excel file into the user's documentation folder. Of course you can configure it as you want.

This part of the code gets the documents folder and sets the excel filename to "export.xlsx":
Code: Select all IO::Location location; IO::fileSystem.GetSpecialLocation (IO::FileSystem::UserDocuments, &location); location.AppendToLocal (IO::Name ("export.xlsx"));
Don't you find the "export.xlsx" file in you documentation folder after executing this operation?
By park ki hyun
before
DBASSERT (book->save (UNISTR_TO_LIBXLSTR(filepath)));
book->release ();

after
bool aaaa= book->save (UNISTR_TO_LIBXLSTR(filepath))
book->release();

After making the above changes, an Excel file was created in the Documents folder.
Yes, you're absolutely right. The code inside DBASSERT runs only if you built your AddOn using Debug configuration.
I'm glad that you solved the issue and you can continue the AddOn development!
Yes, you're absolutely right. The code inside DBASSERT runs only if you built your AddOn using Debug configuration.
I'm glad that you solved the issue and you can continue the AddOn development!
This is an excellent reason for anyone posting here in the Developer Forum to make clear if they are experimenting with the API using ARCHICAD in Demo mode - or if they have an API license key and are testing in a production license.

A reminder to all - without a valid developer ID, your add-on can only operate in Demo mode - which has save, print and other features disabled ... including the normal creation of files as seen here. Mr Park's workaround for saving information while in demo mode is an intriguing tip that may help others. ;-)