The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Discussions about using GRAPHISOFT's tools (API DevKit) for independent software developers

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, gkmethy, MOREH Tamas, Akos Somorjai, Ed Brown, Mihály Palenik, Tibor Lorántfy

This would be huge!
Very few people with architecture education coming from universities know how to write C/C++ very well but python is widely used in the design industry and way easier to learn. By making the API accesible with python code it woul allow a lot more people and practices to creatively explore whats possible with ArchiCAD without the limitations of the partial systems(like GDL). The grashopper connection is a really good step in this direction but i would like to have an easy accesible way to pull data out of ArchiCAD, do whatever i want with it and play it back into the program.
I have experience in using the C ++ interpreter for automation ARCHICAD in add-ons from 2014 year.
I would be very happy if this experience was useful to use it in the forming ideas for python plugin development.
C ++ is very powerful and fast.
In my opinion, it is imperative to provide for C ++ developers the ability to call the procedures and data of their add-ons from the phiton scripts.
It is tested and works fine.
I would appreciate if we could have some reply from Graphisoft developers, on approximate time of the year when we could finally have the access to python API. Would it be end of this year? Or first half of 2019? Or later?
Thank you in advance.
I would appreciate if we could have some reply from Graphisoft developers, on approximate time of the year when we could finally have the access to python API. Would it be end of this year?
Our goal is to publish the first version of the Python API (v0.1 Experimental Version) by the end of this year.
Yes -- Good news indeed!!!

Is there going to be a Beta Site that we can sign up for? I think it would be wildly optimistic to expect that everything will be perfect the first time out?