The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Discussions about using GRAPHISOFT's tools (API DevKit) for independent software developers

Moderators: Barry Kelly, Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, gkmethy, Tibor Lorántfy, MOREH Tamas, Akos Somorjai, Ed Brown, Mihály Palenik

This would be huge!
Very few people with architecture education coming from universities know how to write C/C++ very well but python is widely used in the design industry and way easier to learn. By making the API accesible with python code it woul allow a lot more people and practices to creatively explore whats possible with ArchiCAD without the limitations of the partial systems(like GDL). The grashopper connection is a really good step in this direction but i would like to have an easy accesible way to pull data out of ArchiCAD, do whatever i want with it and play it back into the program.
I have experience in using the C ++ interpreter for automation ARCHICAD in add-ons from 2014 year.
I would be very happy if this experience was useful to use it in the forming ideas for python plugin development.