The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Speed/Display issues/unfamiliar error messages, crashes/hangs or any other problems regarding ARCHICAD (Example: I get an error message when the 3D Window is generated, please help!).
Note: If your problem seems to be an ARCHICAD error please always report it to your local reseller!

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, gkmethy

Hi fellow archicadians!

When I hit F5 or go to a 3D window, my screen shows only a blank white background in archicad. I can see the mouse, but not a selection box. I can select the 3D drawn items, but it doesn't show up green on screen.

This is only in the openGL settings. I have tried messing around with all the settings, reinstalled archicad, updated graphics drivers, etc.

When I switch to the vectorial engine, everything shows.

Any ideas?

I am running:
windows 10
i5 2300
8GB Ram
ATI RX 580

Kind regards,
Johan
Hi,

Yeah, graphics card drivers can cause such issues (but the RX580 should be just fine otherwise). Maybe you have wrong camera settings?

Please check the following:
  • Does this project do the same on other machines as well?
  • Does this happen in every project on this machine, even new ones from the stock template?
  • Does it work fine on ARCHICAD 21?
If it is just this project, then please send it to me in a PLA format in a Private message so that I can check it out. If it is not, then we will need to dig deeper.

Thanks,
Hello!

Same issue here.
In Archicad20 and Archicad21 only blank 3D screen appear in OpenGL rendering engine. I can select the elements "blind", the info bar showing it, but I cant see anything. If i switch to vector rendering all will be fine.
Operating system: Windows 10 64bit - 1809
Tested VGA cards: AMD RX570 4GB and AMD Vega56
Tested and not working AMD drivers:
Adrenalin 2019 Edition 18.12.2
Adrenalin 2019 Edition 18.12.3
Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.1.1
Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.1.2
Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.2.1

Last working AMD driver: Adrenalin Edition 18.12.1.

In Archicad 22 all driver versions works fine.

Thanks,
Imre
Hello Imre,

I just want to clarify that I got it right:

So you tested AC20-AC22 with different AMD drivers, and AC22 works with every driver, but older ARCHICAD versions will not work with new drivers, only "Adrenalin Edition 18.12.1"?

In AC22 we implemented a new version of OpenGL (3.2), but in previous version we were using OpenGL 2.0. Maybe the new drivers are in conflict with OpenGL 2.0?

Regards,
Last edited by dkovacs on Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dear all,
Has a solution be found to this problem yet?
Is it most likely a driver issue?
It seems that I have the same problem albeit in reverse basically. OpenGL works just fine but when I switch over to the vectorial engine the 3D window (perspective+axo) freezes and I can't do anything.
This is not ideal as I want to use the marquee tool to incorporate shadows into a 2D plan.
I am on AC22 6001 EDU

Any hint in the right direction is greatly appreciated.