The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Producing imagery with ARCHICAD or 3rd party products; Surfaces; Lighting; Cameras; Artlantis/Cinema 4D/Maxwell etc.

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, gkmethy

By Paulie_
Hello everybody!
(sorry for my english..)
I have a question at first.... Is it possible to set up a graphic card in ArchiCAD 20 instead of processor to numerate/make visualizations?
My problem is: When I only open my project in ArchiCAD 20, my processor is running on 100% without any other manipulation or any other runnig programm instead of system programs of course. And when I try to make some renders then ArchiCAD stop working or the render is making really long or the render freeze.
By Barry Kelly
Paulie_ wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:02 pm
I have a question at first.... Is it possible to set up a graphic card in ArchiCAD 20 instead of processor to numerate/make visualizations?

No, you would have to use othere rendering sftware that uses the GPU.
Archicad uses only the CPU.

Paulie_ wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:02 pm
My problem is: When I only open my project in ArchiCAD 20, my processor is running on 100% without any other manipulation or any other runnig programm instead of system programs of course. And when I try to make some renders then ArchiCAD stop working or the render is making really long or the render freeze.

Archicad shouldn't be running the CPU at 100% all of the time.
What are your machine specs - maybe they are just not good enough?

Barry.
By nonco
You can use the Corona Add-on if you want to utilise a better GPU than just using CPU.

https://corona-renderer.com/blog/corona ... -released/

Its still not perfect but works pretty good.

Using this will come with other complications like having to change surfaces/texture settings for Corona but its quite good if you want a GPU renderer with good results within Archicad.