The Global Archicad Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Discussion of non-graphical data: Properties, Property Expressions, Classifications, Interactive Schedules

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, gkmethy

By Tom Krowka
One of the line items in the content section is "size parameters". I can't seem to find any input for it, nor does the zone pick up any information from the zone itself. Am trying to get the zone stamp to generate a L x W dimension for schematics.
I know AC has indicated in the past that it can't be done....but was wondering if it happened and I don't know about how to access it automatically.
Thanks Tom
User avatar
By LaszloNagy
Those "Size Parameters" are the "Perimeter", "Ceiling Height" and "Zone Volume", their checkboxes are in the "Area, Volume" page of the settings panel. IT does not mean the width and length of the Zone bounding box or something similar.
User avatar
By Barry Kelly
Tom Krowka wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 7:16 pm
So it seems that GS still can't have simple L x W info show up in the zone tags. I know that every zone is not square, but it seems like it could take the biggest L x W parameter.
Probably easier said than done.
As you say a zone could be any shape and that shape could be at any rotation.
It would probably be one of those things that works 95% of the time, but would really frustrate users for the other 5%.

By Tom Krowka
Too bad. That would be a very helpful parameter to be able to include in zone tags for schematic level design. Otherwise, I have to use a custom tag and measure each space. Clients like to see those dimensions and it's too early in the process to dimension everything.

My opinion is to include it and if the zone is rotated or an odd shape then use the technique above or whatever users are doing now to convey this information. I would think the 95% would override the 5% in this case.