The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Import/Export to other CAD/BIM formats (DWG/DXF, IFC, SketchUp, 3DS etc.), spreadsheets, databases etc.

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, gkmethy

By Achille Pavlidis
Hi, I have a project with column spanning on multiple stories. When exporting to IFC those are assigned to the ground floor, and do not appear at all on the upper floors.
I found that there is IfcRelReferencedInSpatialStructure for elements that belong to a story but are referenced to multiple stories. But how can I implement it?
By dkovacs
Hi,

Unfortunately, currently you cannot use IfcRelReferencedInSpatialStructure. We developed our IFC Import/Export to comply with the following Transfer View Standards:
  • IFC2x3 CoordinationView 2.0
  • IFC4 Design Transfer View
  • IFC4 Reference View 2.0
These Design Transfer Views don't utilize IfcRelReferencedInSpatialStructure, so it has never been developed. I let the Product Management know about this though, so that they can think about whether we should implement it, so that you can use it in a custom Design Transfer View (report #266626).

For this, it would help, if you could describe what workflows you are following. Why would you need to use this definition in your IFC export?

Thanks,