The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Producing imagery with ARCHICAD or 3rd party products; Surfaces; Lighting; Cameras; Artlantis/Cinema 4D/Maxwell etc.

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, gkmethy

By KrisM
Here's another source for Twinmotion videos -
Do a search on you tube for "askNK Twinmotion".
Some good information there.
By fhedberg
Anyone having an annoying pop up saying Twinmotion Plugin is outdated and theres a newer version available evertime they open Archicad....?

We have re-downloaded the plugin and installed a number of times but pop up remains.
Happens for us on both AC21 and AC22.
By Stress Co.
I can't run the installer, "because Apple cannot check it for malicious software":
Screen Shot 2019-06-04 at 8.38.38 PM.png

In other news....
An enhanced version of Twinmotion will be free with AC23

Here's a link to the announcement:
Starts @ about 59:00:
https://www.graphisoft.com/archicad-23- ... R2F0In0%3D
Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-06-04 at 8.48.49 PM.png
By Erwin Edel
fhedberg wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:19 am
Anyone having an annoying pop up saying Twinmotion Plugin is outdated and theres a newer version available evertime they open Archicad....?

We have re-downloaded the plugin and installed a number of times but pop up remains.
Yep. AC20 too.
By DGSketcher
Stress Co. wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:57 am
In other news....
Does this mean Cinema has been given notice and will be replaced by Twinmotion in AC24 or is this just a ploy to get users to pay for it in the future like other 3rd party add ons?
By fhedberg
Erwin Edel wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:20 am
fhedberg wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:19 am

Yep. AC20 too.
Got it sorted....its wasnt the direct link that needed the update.
Open up the 'Epic Games Launcher' and run what ever update is listed....worked for us.
By Lingwisyer
DGSketcher wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:24 am
Stress Co. wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:57 am
In other news....
Does this mean Cinema has been given notice and will be replaced by Twinmotion in AC24 or is this just a ploy to get users to pay for it in the future like other 3rd party add ons?

It does not ray-trace though, so until it does, I would doubt it. My guess would be the second point.

Ling.
By sboydturner
Ling,
The update to the unreal engine will incorporate real time ray tracing

Regards,
Scott
By Erwin Edel
I'm still getting the 'A newer version is available' notification. I've downloaded the installer again, ran all updates in the Epic Launcher even installed Unreal Engine and made sure that is up to date.

When I click 'about' in ArchiCAD it says 'v1.5.1, SDK AC=22.265, MT=5410, SD=46'. Any idea if this is the latest version or why it keeps pestering me to update when I can't find any updates? Running it on WIN10.
By Karl Ottenstein
The 'newer version is available' message for me was just for the plug-in, not Twinmotion itself... downloaded the AC plug-in again from their site and it went away. (The whole thing with their game launcher was a hassle on the initial install, as the download link was to an out-of-date version of the launcher, which then downloaded an out of date version of Twinmotion... so lots of updates later, everything worked.)

...but thanks for the tip about launching the Epic Games launcher... as it is now downloading a Twinmotion update which I wasn't prompted for in-product. It's super annoying on my really low-speed internet connection that it is re-downloading all 8.32 GB vs an incremental updater.