The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Speed/Display issues/unfamiliar error messages, crashes/hangs or any other problems regarding ARCHICAD (Example: I get an error message when the 3D Window is generated, please help!).
Note: If your problem seems to be an ARCHICAD error please always report it to your local reseller!

Moderators: Barry Kelly, Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, gkmethy

Hello.

About 2/3rds of the time when I use the Explore Model-mode (little walking man icon) to walk and look around in my model (it's great for aligning views to match with photographs) the view drifts on its own in one direction, as if I'm continually press a button. It occurs in different directions at different times, and I've tried with another keyboard to rule out some keys sticking or something like that.

The only way I can resolve it is to completely restart ArchiCAD but even then it's a gamble since it occurs so frequently.

I'm using 2 monitors with ArchiCAD only on one of them, and unplugging one does not seem to solve it, and an Nvidia GTX 1060 GPU, with the latest drivers installed.

Anyone else having these issues?
Did you try to reproduce this case with the standard AC work environment? Would you have set keyboard shortcuts that would cause dysfunction
I found one similar post - there may be others if you do some more searching.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=54593&p=262432&hil ... ve#p262432

It seems the solution was not unplugging the monitor, but moving Archicad tom the other monitor.
Maybe you could also try running Archicad NOT maximised to the screen, but manually resize the program window.
No idea if that will help or not.

Barry.
Christophe Fortineau wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:13 am
Did you try to reproduce this case with the standard AC work environment? Would you have set keyboard shortcuts that would cause dysfunction
That's a good idea, and I tried working with the standard environment for a while but the bug still appared.

I'll try to move the whole program to the second monitor if it happens again.