The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Speed/Display issues/unfamiliar error messages, crashes/hangs or any other problems regarding ARCHICAD (Example: I get an error message when the 3D Window is generated, please help!).
Note: If your problem seems to be an ARCHICAD error please always report it to your local reseller!

Moderators: Barry Kelly, Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, gkmethy

By 0scar
Dear all,
My attempts to get the vector engine in the 3D window (both axo and perspective) work have been not fruitful so far. I have this issue since I moved to AC22 a few months ago but so far have managed to work around it, but at this point I need to fix this problem urgently. I have so far tried updating the drivers for both my GPUs (albeit a little while ago) and updated AC several times since this issue first popped up. When switching from OpenGL in the 3D to the vector engine the screen freezes and I can't navigate or change anything. Though it seems that for example the marquee tool works in the "blind" so that i can copy 2d elements via crtl+c. This is largely pointless however if I can't see what I am selecting. Is this a driver issue? A Windows issue (do I need to change the GPU settings for the AC app to a specific profile? I have selected "high performance" as of now).
Any hints on how to fix this issue a greatly appreciated.
Best,
0scar
By 0scar
Ok, the issue has been resolved seemingly.
I thought I had enabled "High performance" in the graphics settings of Windows and just checked again and it turned out it was only for AC21 which I also have installed on the machine. So my guess is that when AC switched back from high-performance GPU rendering (OpenGL on the Quadro M2200) to vector mode somehow it couldn't display that on the screen.
Thank you anyway.