The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Discussions about using GRAPHISOFT's tools (API DevKit) for independent software developers

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, gkmethy, MOREH Tamas, Akos Somorjai, Ed Brown, Mihály Palenik, Tibor Lorántfy, rmasaki

By Devabhai
Hello everyone,,
How do you link a drawing to an external file? On ArchiCAD you just click on "an external source" -> click "Browse" -> choose the file. How do you do this with the API?
snaptube.cam/ syncnet.onl/telegram-web/

What are the requirements? Creating a drawing from a view is simply by copying the view's guid to drawing.drawingGuid and you're done, is it the same with a file? I've looked into API_DrawingLinkInfo but it seems there is only a "Get" function and no "Set".

Thanks.
Last edited by Devabhai on Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Barry Kelly
This seems to be a developer question, so I moved this post to that part of the forum.

Barry.
By Tomer1
Devabhai wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:32 am
Hello everyone,,
How do you link a drawing to an external file? On ArchiCAD you just click on "an external source" -> click "Browse" -> choose the file. How do you do this with the API?

What are the requirements? Creating a drawing from a view is simply by copying the view's guid to drawing.drawingGuid and you're done, is it the same with a file? I've looked into API_DrawingLinkInfo but it seems there is only a "Get" function and no "Set".

Thanks.
I also want to relink a drawing but there is only a get function by what I’m seeing.. :(
It’s the same for updating drawings - I can only check the status but not to update..

That’s very limiting..