The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Producing imagery with ARCHICAD or 3rd party products; Surfaces; Lighting; Cameras; Artlantis/Cinema 4D/Maxwell etc.

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, gkmethy

By 4hotshoes
I am not able to find all that I want. What are common sources of textures to place in a Archicad model? Has a list of good sites been posted here? I searched briefly and found none.
How detailed do you need them to be?

Arroway make really good textures which include a full set of maps, but it is paid only.

CG Textures only do defuse maps which are available for free at smaller resolutions. Daily download limit. You can use Photoshop to generate bump and/or normal maps that will kind of work. Substantially higher resolutions are available at a cost.

I also make my own from photos through Photoshop.
Lingwisyer wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:38 am

Arroway make really good textures which include a full set of maps, but it is paid only.....
There are places to download free Arroway Texture Libraries too. You can find these sometimes by downloading othere Software Demos. I have collected a lot of good stuff that way over the years :)
I am looking for accuracy of color and pattern that repeat without looking like a mosaic, if possible. I do not need hi-res and prefer it not be. I prefer new building materials rather than aged, cracked and weathered from the real world. I put on material to show the client what might be. The biggest problem for me is the massive amount of time it takes to find the right texture. I wish all building product manufacturers provided online, seamless textures for all products they sell. I am not very sophisticated in my understanding of using textures, and I do not want to be. But while there are millions of textures out there, I still have a hard time finding the few that I need.

Another site that is helpful is https://www.sketchuptextureclub.com