The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Label, Text, Dimension, Markers...

Moderators: Barry Kelly, Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, gkmethy

What is your opinion about this Wish?

Essential
50%
Important
No votes
0%
Average
50%
Not Important
No votes
0%
Not Needed
No votes
0%
By 4hotshoes
I have used 4x4 Slabs with Cover Fills and the Label Tool to post the name of the fill (#Cover Fill). I would like to do this in a 2D Worksheet with a 2D fill using the Fill Tool. But there is no "#Fill Name" for Autotext Labels. I am requesting the "Fill Name" parameter to be available in the Fill Tool. Type and Category is already available. It is not a high-priority, but it could be added easy, right?
By DGSketcher
Create a Building Material with the required fill. You can then change the fill in the 2D worksheet & label it with the Building material name
By 4hotshoes
DGSketcher wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:18 pm
Create a Building Material with the required fill. You can then change the fill in the 2D worksheet & label it with the Building material name
That is much more work than I want to dedicate for a simple task. I have no desire to create a huge raft of Building Materials that I won't use. I just want to identify a fill. I was thinking of creating a 2D Worksheet to show many of the Fills available that cannot be represented by a tiny icon. Then put this worksheet on the office Template for people to reference to know what fill would be best for their material. Having a label tool ID the Fill Name would be the simple solution. I have no idea why it has no autotext available. It just should.