The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Sections/Elevation/3D Document/Worksheets/Details etc., Annotations, Texts, Labeling, Autotext/Project Info, Layouting, Renovation Filters, Graphic Overrides, Revisions/Issues, Printing/Plotting, PDF, Mark-Up, etc.

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, gkmethy

By rob2218
how to make the label object read properly?
Attachments
LABEL.png
By LaszloNagy
Was the Label placed as an Associative or Static Label?
Select it and see its setting in the Info Box.
If it is Static, then with the Label selected, you can CTRL-click the Wall to associate the Label to the Wall, and then it should display the correct info.

By the way, Hotlink ID only makes sense if you Label a Wall located in a Hotlinked Module.
By rob2218
I'm using AC22...where (I've looked all over the label objects settings) do you find "associative" or "static"?
By rob2218
here's where to find it.
thanks Laz for your insight.
Attachments
STATIC-ASSOCIATIVE-LABEL.png
By rob2218
One more item.
how do I get the label to 'auto' rotate so it's always 90 degrees to the wall?
right now i place them, then on each wall that is "NOT" horizontal, I have to go in manually and rotate the darn label...major PITA.
By LaszloNagy
You will find the relevant settings in the "Label Orientation" field of the "Text Label" panel of the Label Settings Dialog.

Label-TextLabelSettings.png
By rob2218
it's no wonder I can't get mine to rotate....my "Text" box is greyed out?
Attachments
Label-object-greyed-out.png
By LaszloNagy
From you earlier screenshot I can see you were using the "Property Label 22" Label. Try using the "Text / Autotext" Label.
You will be able to edit it just like a Text Block and you will be able to insert Propeties into the Text just the same.
By rob2218
thank you....I'll give that a try.
Sometimes....so confusing....and I feel I'm pretty good at Archicad. I can only image the trouble other poor folks must have who don't even know about these controls on objects and object types.....hubboy.
By rob2218
Laz
which is the "Text/Auto-text" object you are referring to from the list you see in the box?
these are the only ones I have to chose from.....thanks.
Attachments
Label-object-type.png
Label-object-type.png
Last edited by rob2218 on Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.