The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Modelling and drafting in ARCHICAD. (Example: How can I model a Roof soffit/fascia?)

Moderators: ejrolon, Barry Kelly, Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, gkmethy

By natmax
Hello everyone,

I'm having trouble creating curved steps with the stair tool. I can bend the treads and risers but not the stair strucutre.

The aim is to create steps similar to the attached images.

Thank you very much for the advices
Attachments
1565lg.jpg
2139-Stone_Steps_Bullnose_Steps_Cranborne_Stone.jpg
By Barry Kelly
natmax wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 6:06 am
I'm having trouble creating curved steps with the stair tool. I can bend the treads and risers but not the stair strucutre.

You are on the right track.
You can only curve the risers and treads.
The front (riser) portion of the structure can not be curved.
Of course the baseline (path) of the stair can be curved (as in your example on the left), but the structure steps are always perpendicular to this baseline.

Barry.
By natmax
Thank you for the answer.

Regards
By Lingwisyer
Hm... I should finish my stair extrusion object...
By LaszloNagy
Maybe the faster way to model this would be to create the Stair Profile in the Profile Manager and place it as a curved Wall or Beam. Of course, in that case, you will not have the Numbering, Walking Line, Description, etc., which you would have to do manually.

Another option is to model let's say, 1/16th of the curve (I am talking about the Stair on the right image above), curve its Risers and Treads, then use the Multiply command to rotate the other 15 copies in place. Then the structure would well approximate the real curve.
Of course, you would have to take of hiding side edges and displaying the Walking Line only on the middle instance, Numbering only on the side instance, etc.