The Global Archicad Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Modeling (Wall, Door, Window, Roof, Stair...), Favorites...

Moderators: ejrolon, Barry Kelly, Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, Gordana Radonic, nbalogh, gkmethy, mnguyen

Your thoughts on this wish?

Essential
88%
Important
13%
Average
No votes
0%
Not Important
No votes
0%
Not Needed
No votes
0%
Profile offset modifiers open up a world of possibility for flexible and adjustable wall profiles, however, currently the opening reference line cannot be adjusted with modifiers.

Imagine a framed wall with brickwork at the bottom and variable width cladding above that is controlled with a profile offset modifier. You need the opening reference line to follow the outside face of the cladding. Currently this cannot be done meaning any time the cladding width is changed the windows/doors in the wall will no longer sit in the correct location. This functionality entirely defeats the purpose of the offset modifiers requiring the profile to be edited to adjust the reference line each time the cladding is changed (and likely requiring multiple profiles if different cladding settings are needed in different locations).

It seems that the option to control the location of the opening reference lines with offset modifiers is required to make full use of the system.
Hi Matt,

Thank you very much for creating this poll, and for those of you who voted to express their opinion.

I am happy to say we took notice of this wish and I have added it to our Wish List database (please refer to it as Wish #13036). I totally agree with you, that it would be great if the Opening reference could automatically set based on the Offset Modifiers.

Thank you all once more, and I wish you a great day!

Best regards,
Minh