The Global Archicad Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Tips and tricks, suggestions, problems. (regularly monitored by Administrators)

Moderators: ejrolon, Barry Kelly, Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, Gordana Radonic, nbalogh, gkmethy, mnguyen, apolgar, GSHQfadmin

Earlier on Thursday march 25 I submitted a question looking for information on how to use PARAM-O. At 5pm eastern daylight savings time in Canada the question had 6 views but no solutions. I checked again at midnight and my question was gone. And to top it off I didn't get any communication as to why it was removed or if it was moved to different area. Can some one not from Archicad/Graphisoft explain to me where my question went and why.

Tiffed
I am not sure why, but one of the moderators has merged it with another post.

viewtopic.php?f=49&t=72498

As that post had a different title, you wouldn't see your post in the list of posts any more.

If ever anything goes missing it may have been moved (should only get deleted if it has nothing to do with Archicad or does not follow etiquette).
It is a lot of extra work for us moderators to explain every move or edit that we make, and unfortunately there seems to be no automatic notification when a post is moved or merged.

If you have your notifications set correctly in your profile, you should still get notification that someone has replied to the post as you are a contributor to it - but it now has another name so you may not have recognised it as your post.

If ever you are looking for something you have posted, just click on your user name.
Then in the screen that appears you will see the total number of post you have made and a link to 'search user's posts'.
That will show you all of the posts you have made and you can open them from there.

I am sorry that it seemed to have disappeared, but it is still there.

Barry.
Barry Kelly wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:34 am If ever you are looking for something you have posted, just click on your user name.
Then in the screen that appears you will see the total number of post you have made and a link to 'search user's posts'.
That will show you all of the posts you have made and you can open them from there.
Sorry for the confusion. I'm the one who moved the post - which was made in the wrong forum. Please be sure that you review the purpose of each subforum and post in the correct one. "Working in Archicad" and "Archicad+" are not the right places for library part creation discussions.

Also, please do not start a new topic when there are already existing topics on the same issue (several in this case, in fact). Search first and join an existing conversation unless the issue is unique and new. Otherwise, we moderators have to do the moving and merging.